Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Outlet Malls

Why are outlet malls so addictive? I love them, and will drive hours out of my way for a good day of bargain retail therapy. Add that day to a week of vacation, and you've got one happy girl. The idea of getting a $80 top for only $9.97 seems to give me the freedom to spend hundreds of dollars in one short 6-hour span of time. Sometimes I wonder if my method of outlet shopping is normal. Some people innocently choose an outlet mall, show up, and meander around. I go armed with a mission, a website printout of store listings, and shopping center maps (the only thing I was missing was a budget. Ha!). I went into 8 stores today (all of them pre-screened and selected thanks to the Las Americas Premium Outlets website), and am now the proud owner of full bags from 6 of those stores. I Banana Republic-ed, J. Crew-ed, and Nine West-ed till I dropped. I'm still on that "yeah! New clothes!" high with no sign of buyer's remorse in sight. The purple Nine West wedges are keeping any negative repercussions far, far away. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment