Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's fun to stay at the YMCA


Some stuff I love about my YMCA:

1. Those treadmills are some hearty, stout machines. They can take all kinds of abuse and still keep on runnin' (ha-get it?!).

2. The little old ladies that sit on the bikes for an hour and move their legs about 5 times per minute are adorable (I might add that their mouths move much faster than their legs-this is quite the social scene for them, I gather).

3. There are no tiny little bikini models in skin-tight pants with their boobs hanging out. At the YMCA, the tiny little bikini models at least have the decency to dress modestly.

4. (This should be #1, really) I can go to any YMCA with Ryan and we can have treadmill dates...so cute!

5. The weight machines are as luxurious as weight machines get.


Some stuff I don't love about my YMCA (but I think some of these might happen no matter what gym I might be in):

1. We have no audio for the TVs that are so conveniently placed above the cardio equipment. Sad.

2. The people who choose the stationary bike directly behind my running butt when every other bike (and treadmill) is wide open, bug me. Really? You really want to stare at my backside for 30 minutes or so? Wow.

3. When people "cheat" by jumping onto the side rails of the moving treadmill (instead of pausing) to take a break, fix their hair, do their nails, or whatever. The point is, those are not honest calories or distances, people! Just press "pause!" Your personal trainer would be all over you for that!

4. Um....I'm out of things I don't like. I'm now a die-hard, gym-loving girl. I love it. Try it-seriously. It's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment